Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New baby

New Year Pictures...





Photo taken on Jan 1, 2011 at 12.01AM...the whole family welcomed 2011!

Whew, things are moving along just fine. Finally, getting some sleep. It has been tough to get some sleep not because of not having time at all but because my medicines bother me so much that I can't sleep. Now, I am mostly off the medications and so I can sleep. Feeding has been a problem from the get-go. I thought we had it under control for a while but as it turns out he has plateaued with his weight and has not been gaining any so now we have to supplement him again with formula while I try to keep up. On top of that, I have suddenly developed some rashes which I sort of think could be due to the bandages on my incision. I have had similar problem before when I had my laproscopic surgery but who knows what have caused it. All I know is that my whole torso and legs are really itchy - yikes!

Anyway, Michael is doing great so far. He is alert when he is awake however he is often sleeping. He tends to be lazy at feeding too which is why he is not gaining not much weight. He sleeps over his food - he he he. Joshua is back to school which was a struggle on the first day since he as usual didn't want to go to school again. Pat has the week off which is great since I don't know how I would survive without his help. He has been super Dad lately - well done, Daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking family!!! I am glad you are getting some rest at last, and hopfully the pesky rash will be over soon. Poor Kevin has had an awful allergic hives most of this fall so he can definitely sympathize! Poor Schwa back at the grind first, ah now he knows how we feel most of the time. I'm sure Gramma Judy will be a great help and enjoy a lot of lap time with Michael! A

JW said...

Did your OB give you something to put on it? I used silvadene which helped when I broke out from the draping on my belly (it is topical).