Monday, May 5, 2008

Hard work

This weekend, I challenged myself to do the demolition of our front entry floor. I convinced myself that it should be easy since it is only about 50sq ft. It is not a big space but I didn't realize that it had a subfloor about 3/4 inch thick. Needless to say, I did overcome my challenge and is very proud of accomplishing the project with little help from P. It took me about 6 hrs to do the job with several breaks in the process. I was not too sore on Sunday but I am pretty sore today...weird!

Anyway, here's some photos of my hard work and labor... the best thing about it too is that P and J had a great time together. Now, to me that is priceless!

Beginning of demo... P helped me chisel a portion on the edge of the slab then I worked my way all the way to the center.
The debris, at first I was mostly chipping the slab then I got better with my technique and was pulling out bigger slab...it felt good to see the big chunk come off.

The bare floor...

and soon, the new tile... P will definitely have to do that himself. I don't think I want to take on that task.

No comments: