Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tita Maybel in Oregon - one more time!

On Sunday, we drove to Mt. Hood. This time we were pretty determined to have Tita Maybel see and touch the snow. We took her on a scenic drive taking the Hood River - Mt. Hood - Hwy 26 loop. It was a very nice sunny day, the snow was definitely slushy and really wet but at least she still got a chance to see and touch snow. We all had fun playing in the snow a bit. It was exciting both for J and me too since we haven't been to Mt. Hood for ages. We want to hike there eventually, we could have but Tita Maybel was just not ready for anything of that sort. I had to drag her all the way up and down - her poor tiny legs get tired easily - ha ha ha!

On Monday, J had a camp and so Tita Maybel and I had a couple of hours to ourselves. Later in the afternoon, we went to the zoo and took the mini train ride to Washington Park to check out the Rose garden. She liked the view but definitely didn't appreciate the heat.


Nice view of Mt. Jefferson...
Big sister and little sister closing in to Mt. Hood
Ah snow ball fight or should I say - wet snowball fight!
the only shady spot we found...
upclose and personal with the snowboarders and skiers. Her first time to watch them in action.
while waiting for the train at the zoo - it was scorching hot but I liked it. I miss the sun!
so by now, I bet you already know what her favorite color is ---

No comments: