Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Updates and ramblings

We too have been slackers here when it comes to updating our blog. Here's some happenings here lately:

1. My dad is now in L.A. living with my Aunt (his older sis) and Uncle (youngest brother). He flew there on Sunday. He's found a job or should I say my Aunt found a job for him at the hospital where she works. He had his orientation yesterday and I think will begin work today as a kitchen helper. I wish him all the best. He will have to learn how to commute to and fro work since he doesn't drive still but that is just part of getting started.

2. Pat is in Idaho this week and has been warning me about possibilities of going to India sometime this first quarter. I certainly hope he won't but what can you do.

3. Shua is at home today because he is not feeling well. Glad he made it to school yesterday since it was his half bday celebration. They do half bday at his school just so the kids whose bday falls during vacation gets a chance to celebrate it with their teachers and classmates too. He did have fun and enjoyed the "special treatment" for the day. Some pictures will be posted soon.

4. I am suppose to be studying for an exam right now but I am so distracted with the possibility of moving to Washington by this summer. I spent 3 hrs this morning researching the area specially the schools. I've worked so hard to finally get Shua settled to his current school and now has to do the same thing again and with little time to spare. It's just so tough to get in to the Catholic schools here and it seems like it is the same in Washington. I am looking at two possible schools in the area and again the registration already started. Jan - Feb is registration time and as usual they have a "priority list" again....ah I have to go through the same thing again. I am hoping that our parish here is affiliated to one of the parish schools there and hopefully we can qualify to get in. Otherwise we are back to zero - AGAIN! :( As for housing and all those stuff - I have looked into it already but school is my priority right now. If we have to live in an apartment, rv or something for a while I won't mind that as long as I find a good school for the "snot locker"...

5. School is ok so far. Both Shua and I are doing ok. My first exam is due next week and homeworks picked up quite a bit and so I have spending countless hours too on my courseworks lately. I get depressed though when I spend hours on something then Pat "swoops in" and solves the homework in an instant - darn smart guy! I do all of my homework though and just asks his opinion now and then...still in the end I feel so dumb, but oh well as long as I am grasping the lectures - I will be fine.

6. Mama is working on a new project right now so that will keep her busy and distracted. She is pretty lonely without Papa and so I make sure I keep her company. It can be quite tough to do that sometimes since she doesn't stop talking. She repeats her stories over and over and with every repetition comes a new version :). Well, we don't call her "machine gun" for nothing...she's a non stop working machine specially when it comes to talking and she's got volume. The only time she stops talking is or when she has to answer the phone or if our neighbor comes over.

Ok, I should study now.

1 comment:

JW said...

You are not slackers for not updating, just busy!