Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday and all...

The birthday boy was awakened with lots of hugs and kisses from Shua and with a bright light courtesy of yours truly... sorry I never learn my lesson. Anyway, after breakfast, we all headed out to church for the annual easter egg hunt. Shua had a lot fun and enjoyed the event with his classmate.

Later after lunch, the birthday boy and son did lots of work on my car - changed the oil, lubed and oiled my creaking doors and replaced my tail lights. They even did a test drive and went to buy a filter for our aquarium...hmmm now I am really looking bad here...
Anyway, after all of his hard work. I took him to get his massage at the Spa. It was not as good as the ones he gets in Singapore apparently but at least he got some massage, better than anything I can muster.

After his massage, I took him to dinner at Marrakesh. It's a Morroccan restaurant located in downtown Portland. The entertainment was good but I think the food was better :)

Once we got home, Shua prepared the birthday cake. It is suppose to be a Trifle but it didn't come close to one. I think I should stick with cooking and no more baking for me.


Glad, we got our dessert at the restaurant...at least that made up for my lack of "baking" ability...

3 comments:

JW said...

Maybe if you and J come, he can change my oil!

Anonymous said...

Cute pix of the two boys working together. I'm sure Joshua was proud of all he did on Saturday. The birthday boy is looking good!

Love from Mom

P & M said...

Oh he sure enjoyed his time with his Dad specially since you know how fascinated he is with being a race car driver some day.

Yes, the birthday boy is looking good despite of his "fatherly gray hair" (courtesy of Ty).