Friday, July 17, 2009

Farm

The berry season has finally arrived and of course we've already gone to pick our usual favorites.

Wow, not sure how he got her to do all the work...
the kids at the blueberry farm...

Lola Teresita and a handful of berries for our jam!

the wagon ride after picking...

Here are several of the berries,we checked out recently as well.

Organic Red Raspberries - I made it into jams.



Black cap blackberries - not yet fully ready but has a pungent taste to it.
Black Currant - I am not a fan!
Gooseberries - really tart and sweet but very dangerous to pick. I will probably try this next year.
Red Currant, my Mom likes it but I am not a fan of this one again.
Yellow Raspberries - super tart, sweet and really juicy. My favorite of all the bunch so far but is not yet ready for picking. I did a taste test of course at the berry patch - ooops bad girl!
Thornless Blackberries - still not ripe that day, perhaps we'll visit again after we get back from our trip.

2 comments:

JW said...

Looks like berry heaven!

Anonymous said...

Berries - my favorite fruit! Your pictures are suitable for framing! And there's nothing like your home-made jammmmmmmmmm.....


Mom