Thursday, September 3, 2009

The camping buzz

Our camping experience over the weekend has been fun but mostly traumatizing for me and maybe for Pat too. I am glad that I no longer hurt from the bee stings. My neck and ears have been swollen for a while or at least it feels that way and I know Pat felt as miserable too.

It all happened on the afternoon of day 1 during our camping trip with our boy scout pack. One or some of the kids seemed to have disturbed a yellow jackets nests and as expected the wasps came in full defense mode and attacked us. Several adults and 3 kids got stung several times all over our body. Pat got stung about 8 or more and I got 4. Now, I can understand why people are afraid of wasps. Fortunately, Joshua is left unharmed so that is a good thing. Apparently, there are a lot of wasps this year and has been causing a lot of problem. I can certainly agree to that!


The smallest but loudest tent at night :)
The kids having fun fishing, zipline, swinging, and just staying on the hammocks nearby.
by the ravine as we get closer to the "unfortunate" part of the trip.

Smiley P :)
The path to disaster...
View of Mt. Hood in the evening...
wake up sleepy head


Shua and Mt. Hood in the morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures look nice, but the bee stings are a big bummer!

Darn those boy scouts.

Kevin