Thursday, February 25, 2010

February Recap

Pinewood Derby day: Shua's car won 2nd - the only race he lost until the final race.

Friend birthday party, this is after we went to a baptism in the morning on Valentine's day.
Guy Tree Miller - Tree planting event. We planted 400 trees that morning. Here's the boys working together. They even helped each other carry the bucket full of mulch - it was hard work and they did a great job! We had company over that evening too - so it was a long day.
Squeezed in one ice skating this week since I was called a "lame" mother for not taking him ice skating and no that comment was not from my son. This is after I took him to the city hall for a field trip as part of accomplishing one of the goals of him moving up to "Bear Scout" next year.

Shua's class preparing for their prayer service. He adamantly told us to be there since all of the kids in their class has a role in the service. This was yesterday morning.and here is his big night...ready for his first piano recital. This happened last night.
He did a duet with his piano teacher - he did the L'Olivier by Laguedoc. I guess that means Olive tree in french. He did pretty good especially since he has only taken 8, half hour classes so far.
The kids after their recital. He didn't want to go because he did not want to wear "dressy" clothes. He was lucky I didn't make him use a tie - I guess that would have been pushing it on my end :)
him and a classmate and fellow student forced to have their photos taken :
Anyway, this weekend we have the Blue and Gold Banquet at the school. I am one of the event planner and committee so that is keeping me busy. We all are anxious to move on to March and see family in New York - Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy month, but so interesting and so much fun.

Mom

P & M said...

We had fun but we are glad it is over and now we can focus on our trip to New York! Two more weeks :)

-M