I had my first experience of being pulled over by a cop today. It felt terrible and I guess in some ways at least I knew why I was being pulled over so that took the nervousness a bit. I was caught doing 50mph on a 35 mph speed limit. I don't speed typically because I am just too scared to do so but today I was trying to merge to the left and the lady in front was too slow and the lady behind her didn't want me to get in, so in the great scheme of things - I acted stupidly and decided to just pass both of them and speed up. I got what I wanted, I did end up on the left lane only to see a cop hiding behind a bush ready to pull me over - ah so frustrating! I knew he was going to go after me so, I once again changed lane to the right and this time people were nice enough to free up a space for me so the cop can talk to me and hand me the $242 speeding ticket - NICE!
At least the cop even complimented me for having a very clean record - first offense and I hope never to have another. I just wonder how much it will cost for those who frequently get caught. Ah now my day is shaky and I do feel bad about the ticket. I guess I'll have to pass on buying a new cross training shoes and pea coat for another year. That's what I get for my lack of better judgment. Darn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh no! I feel your pain, I hope I did not rub off on you last summer. And (ugh) I was also apprehended going a little fast yesterday (5 mph over was the ticket, I have not called for the damages yet.)
A
No you didn't rub off on me. Wow, they give a ticket for going 5mph over? Does that mean you could be safe if you are going 5mph? I am just being silly of course.
I have to go to the courthouse to see if I they'll lower my damages.
Anyway, see you in New York in a few days. I am very excited!
Yeah, go to court for sure! It will be reduced for sure.
You got a ticket the first time you got pulled over? You should have cried or batted your eyelashes!
I was too nervous to do anything smart like that :) Plus I watched enough "Cops" show to know how much damage I'd get if I act suspiciously.
-M
I've paid my dues - whew $182 for being stupid. I guess, if I'd think about it I could have done a lot worse damages if I did end up in an accident or if I have caused an accident by being a leadfoot. Yup, learned my lesson this week.
-M
Post a Comment