I took Joshua for an eye checkup today since he has been doing a lot of squinting again and has been complaining about his eyeglasses not doing a good job anymore. Also, he broke his eyeglasses at school last week "by accident".
During the check when the Dr. asked him to read the letters on the screen, I know his vision was pretty bad when he started mentioning shapes and characters instead of letters, A was a Triangle, D was a square and M was a space ship or ship I suppose. It is also confirmed that he is color blind, he only got 1 right after being shown the entire book. His prescription is -2.25 on both eyes. Well, I guess at least he can see better now. He was all giddy and happy when he got his glasses - he kept saying, "I can't believe how clear I can see now". I even got him a spare sports eyeglasses so he won't need to squint while playing basketball,baseball and football again or perhaps this time he can actually see the ball coming :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love his reaction, I felt JUST THE SAME when I finally had glasses. Yippee Moment Indeed!
Aunt A
I can not believe that in just over a year he went from -1.000 on both eyes to -2.25. He is definitely loving the clear vision now :)
-M
Post a Comment