Today, I took J to the Orthopedics. They put him on a fiber glass type of cast to protect his wrist better as well as so he can maneuver and move his fingers a bit. It is water resistant so at least he can take a bath or shower. The doctor said, he has a "buckle fracture", his bone is bent but will definitely heal and won't impede the growth of his bones....good! He'll have to wear them for 4 weeks though so no swimming or baseball for him for a month. The doctor said he can swim but then will have to wait for his cast to dry which takes about 3 hrs. That is just not going to work for us since he needs to be in school and will be very inconvenient. We can wait - for sure.
Anyway, he is definitely much better. Pretty bored the last few days but is finding other ways to be entertained lately so that is a good thing. He missed school today since I took him to the doctor. The visit took longer than expected but he'll be fine. I did ask permission from his teacher last Friday...so we're all good.
Will post a new pix of his colored cast sometime.
-M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would not recommend getting a fiberglass cast wet personally. It will be off soon anyways!
Yucky Underneath no matter what. Bread bags are handy to tape over it for baths or whatnot. Hope it's cute and has room to get autographs!
A
Post a Comment