Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Good to be wanted

So, I tend to procrastinate, as many folks know. Ever since my last job change there has been this nagging feeling I should update my information and I had decided this week was going to be it. Turns out, I had someone do it for me :) A & K C probably knows what it is as I believe they said they left a message on their answering machine. They want to suck my blood... again. This is my second run at a 1 in 12 shot.

If you haven't done it yet, register or shame on you! For M's friends that goes double! :)

I was told over the phone that I was a 6 of 6 match (Page 6 and 7).

-P

6 comments:

JW said...

Wow, you have some sweet marrow. They have never called me about my crappy marrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat - I was gonna call you last night as there was a message for you. We got caught up changing a head-lightbulb and cleaning so I was then gonna email this am and Seamus made me forget to greab the #. How'd they find you?
A

P & M said...

They found me through our cell phone. They now have current numbers for us and Mom :)

J "dubya" don't feel bad about your marrow, it's not crappy. In doing some reading, the more times one gets called in for more testing, the more likely it is that they will find a match to your genetic make up.

Apparently the initial samples give them only enough data to find haploid matches (3 or less antigens). In each subsequent sample, they are adding to your profile.

So, I have enough to find me as a perfect match in the first database pass. The next round of testing is for matching the final 4 antigens and determining if I have hung out in too many red-light districts.

-P

Anonymous said...

When ya goin? Just a blood thing the 2nd time too? Do you know where the folks are you match to - does that matter
how many more q's can I machinegun at ya
A

P & M said...

All I know is that the recipient has MDS . Other than that they can't/won't tell me anything else. Apparently if you do go on to donate you may correspond anonymously with each other and are not allowed to meet until one calendar year if each chooses to do so (I think this is for obvious reasons).

-P

P & M said...

Oh also, it's just blood... yet again.

-P