Friday, October 26, 2007

Trash TV

So, Friday TV notoriously sucks.

That said, I can't believe that M and J still haven't watched "Survivorman".

For those of you who hate reality TV, I think you should watch "The Next Great American Band".

Reasons:
1). Sheila E is a judge - And she played the drums (uninvited) for a Latin Band contestant
2). A band from Detroit Rock City is in the finals (And they rock)
3). There is a band who ARE a mini version of Iron Maiden.
4). While the format IS American Idol... It's not American Idol.

-P

7 comments:

JW said...

Hey,
We have been watching Survivorman. We really dig Les, he is really cool compared to Bear.
Any show with Sheila E. has to be good.

P & M said...

Les Stroud is the man. He does it all unlike pretty-boy Bear. Bear is all about being a show-off and mostly impractical (Scaling shear cliff faces, leaping into ice-cold rivers, etc...)

Anonymous said...

Survivorman sucks. I have watched it twice. First time, the guy decides to survive a week in Moab. After three days he decides it is too hot and gives up. Second one, he is pretending to be plane crashed in the Canadian wilderness. To simulate having a broken arm, he puts it in a sling. After a day or two, he decides it is too hard and takes it off. And I think he bailed on that one early too.

If you are going to have a show about surviving, you shouldn't bail out early. Really, they state up front what he is going to do and when the going gets tough, he wimps out. Some "survivor"...

KC

Anonymous said...

Survivorman cheats - TV said so.
I loved when (was it the same show) he set his shelter on fire by having a pretty big fire IN a wood shelter

Hey you should have seen the pick up artist - that was great tv
A

P & M said...

I have only seen them pull the plug once on that show and it was because his rescue crew got stranded.

I feel like you must be confusing him with Bear. Bear stays in hotels at night, cheats like crazy (Builds rafts and such ahead of time), and does stupid things one shouldn't do like spending time in sub-zero temperature water.

Les has caught two shelters on fire... both pretty funny.

-P

Anonymous said...

Uh, not confused at all. Survivorman defintely bailed on both episodes I described. I have not watched Bear since Janet said he is such a moron.

I think the Moab and Canada things were a previous season, not the current batch. Maybe the producers gave him a smack in the head and told him to stop wussing out.

KC

Anonymous said...

i love how these guys find conveniently littered stuff like buckets and metal plates to make the stuff they need - one episode I swear he found a fishing net AND plastic jugs (pleural) to float it with
Good entertainment all the same
A