Thursday, December 6, 2007

Crafty little hands...

J decorated his gingerbread house today. He had so much fun and of course was loaded with tons of sugar when we were done. Here is his masterpiece. I think he actually wants to eat the whole thing this time. Last year we ended throwing it all away since it became too dusty...ha ha!

My very own handmade advent calendar. It took me about two weeks to make it, so P was a widow for a while - Tee Hee! I was too cheap to buy them so I instead made them. $70 to buy it and $20 to make it. J loves to move the candy cane everyday and of course finding his little treat everyday!

6 comments:

JW said...

That is way better than a 70 dollar calender! How cute.

Anonymous said...

May I say - Yummmmmm - I think the advent calendar is very fun and will be great for years to come!
A

P & M said...

It has been fun to make although I am sure Pat won't agree since he lost his wife "smitten with the mittens" for about two weeks - he he!

Anonymous said...

Both the Gingerbread House and the advent calendar look great! Kudos to both artists.

Does Pat even know what an advent calendar is? The first time I mentioned one to Ann she acted like she had never heard of the concept. I don't think it was a Caraher family tradition....

KC

P & M said...

Actually it was more new to me than Pat. He said they used to have make their strings for their countdown. On my part we do the 9 days before Christmas countdown by going to the early morning mass (5AM). I am pretty sure both P&J will boycott that tradition...he he he.

P & M said...

Based upon the 9 days thing, I think that my wife is trying to combine Christmas with Hanukka by adding a day to Hanukka.

I'm not sure I would describe it as a boycott as much as describe it as being unable to just plain wake me up without making me so surly I ruin the tradition :)

-P