new windows and doors? That is the question.
So the window guys came and did a bang-up job (until I ruined their Saturday, but we'll get to that later). I think that I've determined that the biggest perceivable difference, for me, between a new and old house are the windows doors and floor materials. With J's room completely finished, I can say that if you want to feel like you're living in a new place, the best option is to move into an old neighborhood (gives you bigger yards and more mature foliage), and replace all windows and doors. Last night I felt a little claustrophobic and determined it was because I was missing the usual "camping-like" feel to our house with the old windows.
Anyway, we are about half way through laying down bamboo floor in the house. I was waiting for the new sliding door to finish off the last 2 rooms. After great discussion on the trim and detailed explanations about why I didn't want the installers to put on the trim, they still got it wrong. No sooner than they think they're finished and I roll in and ruin their Saturday - which they thought they might have off. My hat's off to the installer. After explaining the situation to him (mind you, this is maybe 15 minutes after they installed the 8 foot sliding door), he lookes at me with a straight face, very calm and says "Do you want me to pull it all out and do it over? Really, it's no problem because from what you just showed me, I would want it pulled out too". And so, there you have it, Saturday, they will redo the biggest part of their job. I would highly recommend that if anyone is considering replacing windows and doors, if there is a "Renewal by Anderson" in your area, look no further. I admit they are slightly more expensive, BUT the service is well worth the added expense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment