Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sweet surprise

Saturday was full of surprises, my girlfriend Helen invited me for what I thought was just an afternoon tea and was completely surprised when I was met by all of my other girlfriends at the restaurant. We had dessert at the restaurant, caught up with each other and walked around downtown Portland. It was a very cold slushy day but I had so much fun with the ladies. I thought that was the end of surprises but P pulled another one too. Once I went to sleep on Saturday night 11PM, he got busy in the kitchen and baked me one of my favorite cakes until 1:30AM. He made me Brazo de Mercedes, a rolled Meringue with egg yolk filling....hmmm super sweet and tasty!

Here is his masterpiece and my object of desire since I can not indulge yet due to my bad throat...ahh torture!
It wasn't as presentable as he wanted to since he too had to hide it from me and that was not very easy with such a small refrigerator...he he he...

No comments: