So, the latest colloquialism M has had to put up with around the house is the random use of the word "dingus". I don't think it was ever directed at her for any reason, but she just kind of got sick of it's unwarranted application to every day events, happenings and people. Anyway, urban dictionaries have the obvious meanings of the word, BUT then I ran across this!
Well I'll be a son-of-a {slap} 'hush yo mouth!' Just talkin' 'bout Dyngus day!
Seems like this is where wet t-shirt contests started. Anyone up for a trip to Buffalo next Easter?
-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How did I grow up half Polish and was never aware of Dyngus day? Ha Haaa! I guess Nelson must have been a Polack.
Hey, this lights up a dim recess in my brain - I remember Granma telling me about some "weird" holiday with boys trying to hit them with twigs....guess that's what it was! Who knew....Mom
Post a Comment