Pat and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire this weekend and didn't get home til 1AM. It was totally worth seeing because it reminded me about the difficult realities of life. While watching the movie, it somehow brought me back home specially the earlier scenes in the movie. Although I didn't live in that kind of condition, I was very much exposed to it. It was a tough movie to watch but it managed to make us laugh. Pat mentioned that he has come to enjoy the "balywood" dancing. He watches quite a bit of them when he is visiting India.
Pat and I agree that whiney teenagers should go and see the film - perhaps they will quit their whinin' after seeing it. Anyway, that is my take. We have been very spoiled lately and actually got to go out twice in a row. We wait till Shua is in bed then we go out and watch the last show. We too have seen Gran Torino the other week. I like Gran Torino too, never thought I would like a Clint Eastwood film but I did like this one...again he too made me laugh! If you will ask Pat, it is quite a big deal when I laugh this days - because I rarely do! Anyway, I would recommend both films. The best thing about watching is that I get to spend sometime with Pat and it gives us something to talk about other than the usual boring stuff we talk about :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to know that you liked those movies, those are two I really want to see...it's funny but the girls have seen 3 movies in a month and I have seen zero! hmm, maybe not funny but "sad", lol
They are pretty good films but I need to warn you about Slumdog, some find it a bit extreme. Well, if it will make you feel better. I didn't use to go to the theater for ages and it is just now that we've "acquainted" ourselves to it. It's a good break from all of the chaos sometimes. Now, go see one! :) Perhaps you should go see The Curious Case of Bejamin .... and let me know how that goes.
Post a Comment