Monday, January 12, 2009

Whirlwind...

I apologize for the lack of word from our end. New year came just like a whirlwind and it sure felt like that too. Last week, Pat pretty much spent most of the week in Idaho and now he is San Jose. Work has been quite a pain for him lately but I won't elaborate too much. I'll leave that for him to share on his own. On my end, I've been preoccupied with my class which started last week as well and of course with teaching and guiding my folks. Believe me, I think I am doing much better with my class than the later. Not sure if you heard but last week our car broke - this is on Monday at 7AM when I was going to take Shua to school. Fortunately, we have great neighbors. My neighbor next door helped me try to jump start the car but the battery was really dead at this point and so she then took me and Shua to school. Then for the rest of the week, we carpooled or more like hitched with our other neighbor whose kids go to the same school as Shua. I could have not asked for a better setup than having to take the bus to and fro to school. We have the car running again this week - Yay! Thanks to Pat of course!

So far, this week seems far less chaotic. I had to pull a late nighter last night to work on my class. I haven't been able to check on it too often last week and so it pilled up. I am enjoying my class so far but it sure can be challenging at times - guess it is more of the distraction that kills me than the class. As for my parents, well I think they are holding up just ok. I know my Dad is frustrated for not having a job yet and so are we too. Pat walked him through the job hunting process during the break and they managed to get an interview out of that but no word yet if he got the job. We were getting a bit frustrated with the lack of motivation to find work but we are doing our best to be patient (not easy but we are trying :) My Mom is ok, she's still busy with her knitting and crochet. I still have to setup something for her so we can post some of her work and see if she can make some money doing that. She did make quite a bit over the holiday but I have been too busy lately to design and teach her the other patterns. I'll post some of her crafts soon.
Shua is doing great, he is undergoing Wii Ski detox as of now but so far he's been very good with going back to his schedule again, not sure about going back to school though. YMCA basketball started this weekend and so that'll keep him active for a while. He too is fascinated with the Madscience club that he goes to every Friday - he is excited with his growing crystal garden. He calls his crystal garden - the land of Narnia :)

Lastly, Thank you all for the wonderful gifts you sent us. It's very much appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you survived your "week from Hell" - hopefully this one will be much better!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad that you enjoyed your xmas presents.

Study hard! What will happen if mom gets worse grades in school than Joshua does? Hm?

The crystal thing seems to be a hit with Shua and also Sue's kids too.

KC

P & M said...

Sheesh, talk about pressure :). Yeah I am trying not to do too bad.

-M