Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Brain and body

The next two weeks is pretty hectic for me. I have 3 labs that is all due by March 18 and 2 exams including my finals between this week and next week. I've been postponing taking my midterm exam this week until at least I am comfortable enough, however I feel like I am just making matters worse. Every time I go back to our previous homework, I keep getting different answers and I think I have more mistakes now than before...I have confused the daylights out of me!!! I think it is because I am again rushing and trying to cram everything all at the same time. I hate it when I do that and yet I do it. It doesn't help too that I am still not feeling well. I have the Pat disease ( can't hear, disoriented, nauseous, sick to my stomach and sleepless). I don't know how he is walking around like this for the last three months.

Anyway, other than school keeping me busy - Joshua's schedule picked up quite a bit too lately. He will be home for the next two days for Parent Teacher Conferences (ah I don't know what surprises the teacher has in store for me) and of course there is basketball and boy scout.

I too started taking my Mom to some workshop. It is a program that caters to 55+ who are seeking for employment. She's really adamant about working and so I am doing my best to support her despite of the many obstacles. Anyway, she had some orientation last week and I took her there again today and whew I have a lot of work to do with her. I'll have to send her to some ESL program to begin with to help her become more comfortable with speaking the language. She seems to be fine when we talk to her and responds to us even if it is in broken english at home, but then when other people talk to her, she freezes and begins to mumble her words. I know it is tough but I get frustrated when she refuses to get help and is denying the fact that she can't speak or understand english that much. Today was a clear example of why she needs to take classes and for some reason she still didn't see the point why she needs to...ah frustrating. Anyway, I'll send her to ESL whether she likes it or not...this is me being a terrible daughter and I hate being a terrible daughter but sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do.

ah my brain hurts! I need a hug...

1 comment:

Loy said...

Let me know if you ever need some time to de-stress from it all...a quick coffee shop break, some gf time, window shop...anything you are up for :-)
-Lynn