
Shua marking our spot...

There are several things I love about Oregon and one of them is the abundance of fresh produce and how accessible the farms are. We went strawberry picking on Tuesday, and it literally took us about 15 min to get to the farm and another 15 min to pick 8lbs of berries. My Mom was pretty excited so we pretty much just let her pick most of the time. I am not a huge fan of strawberries but I will eat them when they are available. I would definitely pick blueberries sometime in July though, they are one of my favorite berries - next to cherries.
The only thing I don't like right now is the abundance of weeds as well. After our berry picking, I was literally decommissioned due to my allergies. Pat has been suffering with it as well and has been home all day today. I hope they harvest the weeds already so we can enjoy our vacation sooner.
4 comments:
Oooh, those look great! I love local strawberries.
Good thing you like cherries, since you are coming to the cherry capital! And right around harvest time too, if I remember right. We are looking forward to everyone coming out!
The strawberries do look good!
Kevin
I hope you are making some of your wonderful jelly - hint, hint....
:)
Mom
I have to confess, I ate all of the dried cherries you sent on Christmas and did not share much.I am looking forward to having some more of those when we visit.
Yes, we will make some more jellies this year. I just need to find out when the blueberries are ready for picking hopefully they are ready before we come and visit.
Post a Comment