Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble Gobble

The best treat this Thanksgiving is having Pat at home all week long. We finally got some time to just chill and relax. He at least got to sleep in and not have to worry about work all week long. I enjoyed doing errands with him and I think is the first Thanksgiving when we did not yell at each other while preparing food :) - that only means we were both not stressed.

I got to workout before I pigged out on Thanksgiving morning and we basically spent most of the day playing. I taught Joshua on how to make origami paper boats and we raced or sailed our boats along the curves on our cul de sac all the way to the water drain. The rain didn't deter us to have fun on Thanksgiving day. In the afternoon, we watched Narnia and played some board games while waiting for dinner to be ready. The rest of the evening was spent watching TV while playing board games again. Overall, Thanksgiving has been really stress free and fun. We loved dinner - ask Joshua and he will give you his rave review. He ate half of the mashed potatoes and apple pie, he weighed about 5 lbs more after dinner last night - it was real nice to see him eat that much since he rarely does that. It is great to not have to cook for a while but we do need to keep making more mashed potatoes :)

Apple pie is the only thing I made for our feast. Pat cooked and prepared all the rest, namely -Turkey, stuffing, black cherry jello with bing cherries,mashed potatoes and gravy. The apple pie picture was taken by Joshua - that is how much he liked it since he took a picture of it (crazy kid).


jumping into the puddles is the best!
paper boats
paper boat racing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh great - sounds like a wonderful day. The pie looks yummy and there's nothing better than leftovers!