Friday, March 2, 2007

Catholic Confusion

I knew the Catholic Church in Oregon was pretty fouled up, but this seems ridiculous. Just when I thought things were getting better, guess again... I'm second guessing sending J to this school. Ineither know all of the details nor what to make of this yet, but this hit M's inbox today:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I was recently told not return to teaching the Catchism Classes at St.PiusX. I was told not to return because I do not share the liberal point of view held by most of the faith formation staff. I told a story about the real presence of Christ and explained to the children the importance of knowing the difference between it being just a memorial and a truly blessed gift from Christ himself. My delivery was off , but I did not tell them anything that was not completely accepted and encouraged by the Catholic Church. I have been going to St.Pius for over 10 years and have heard many times from the pulpit about how we should be "tolerant and open minded" yet seem to have run into the one thing that can not be tolerated...Traditional Catholic teaching. When I started teaching the classes I fully expected to be removed once my traditionalism was discovered. It does not offend me but does cause me great concern. We as a contry (and in many others) are losing many beautiful and blessed traditions handed down by the Church Fathers.

I urge you all to read the following article and do a little research on your own. The treasures of tradition should not be forgotten or worse changed to suit the wants of our own desires and replaced with lukewarm novelties that minimilize the importance of true sacred worship. I should emphasis that the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist is not a tradition but a FACT of the Catholic faith. It is not a belief but a sacred truth. I was told I was not to come back because of my beliefs. I recite the same Profession of Faith you all do at Mass and believe every word of it.

I found the following article online and also found many, many other sites.

Yours with Christ,

Elaine

Divine heart of Jesus,convert the sinner, save the dying, set free the holy souls in Purgatory!

http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/dissent/defnmdrn.htm

No comments: