Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Sleep...
Well, it's been three days since we came back and I felt like all those time all we did was sleep. However, it would have been great if we were getting full time sleep but that is not the case. Our body is so unsynchronized with the time changes - it's incredible! Joshua is the most affected so far. Sunday night, both him and Pat were up until 5AM. While Pat had to go to work and didn't have much choice but to shake off sleep, Joshua slept til 3:30PM. It was "my bad" since I should have waken him up much earlier than that. I just felt like he definitely needed some sleep since we were pretty sleep deprived while in the Philippines. So, when the night came Joshua was still bouncing like a ball. Pat and I struggled to get some much needed sleep but then again our boy kept us mostly awake the rest of the night with his sudden calls of "Mama, can I have some Yogo's?"(candy) at 1AM, and "Mama, can you please read me a book?" at 3AM. I felt pretty bad giving him an ultimatum since I knew he was just struggling with the time change and "jet lag". Today, I did wake him up by noon. Then, at 1PM both of us couldn't help it and dozed the afternoon away. I think the allergy medicines doesn't help either in avoiding Mr. Snooze. I have to say this is so far the worse jet lag we have experienced. Ah, I guess we'll have another sleepless night and another sleepy day tomorrow! I hope Mr. Sunshine visits Oregon for a day or two since the weather is not helping either - it has been pretty gloomy here again. Oh well, I hope I am not making you all sleepy or sleepless with my ramblings. Any advice on how to shake off our jet lag?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have you tried Pediajava Jr?
Yogos for breakfast! Poor You'se!!!! Maybe a fun field trip for the afternoon? If you're not home you can't sleep eh? I have sympathetic groggies just thinking about you. I did not sleep Monday night either I should have called you!
A
Yipee! We got some sleep last night 6hrs is not bad. Joshua still had trouble but managed to go to sleep earlier than 5AM this time and he even woke up at 8AM. We will go for a walk or a bike ride today to make sure we get enough fresh air.
I wonder what kind of conversation we'd have on a sleepless night...it'll be interesting!
Post a Comment