Monday, March 5, 2007

Very cool series

While killing time, I ran across this piece. I can remember seeing this on PBS at one point in my life, but being a parent, it takes on a little more/different meaning and significance.

If nothing else, watch the first two parts!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html

-P

6 comments:

JW said...

Oh, you brown-eyed people think you are sooo superior!! :)

P & M said...

I loved that lady. I liked the kid who socked the blue-eye in the gut for mocking him.

Makes you think about the Middle East and gives you an idea of how likely it is that true peace will be realized in our lifetime.

-P

JW said...

That one woman in the group of adults that kept calling the teacher "lady" clearly did not get it.

Anonymous said...

I need broadband. I never know what ch'all're talking about.
A

P & M said...

The "lady" stuff was hilarious.

For A: This is a series on a teacher in Iowa who, after MLK's assisination, began an excercise where each year she separated her 3rd grade class by "Blue eyed" and "Brown eyed" folks. On day 1, she treated the Blue eyes as the priviledged class and then switched it up on the second day. They then went back to the same class 14 years later and interviewed them about the impact of that excercise on their lives.
She now does the same this as a consultant for large organizations.

Anonymous said...

AAaah - I think I recall heasring about that. Thanks! A