Thursday, September 27, 2007

Broken wrist

Today, J unfortunately broke or more on fractured his wrist at the park. He was playing with a friend after school at the park when he lost control and fell to the ground. He fell on his back and in the process hurt his wrist. I have never seen him cry in pain like that and so I knew he got hurt pretty bad. I immediately called the doctor and went in so they can see him. X-ray confirmed that he did break his wrist and so they placed him on a plastic cast for now but we'll see the orthopedics on Monday too for more proper treatment if necessary. He is fine now, no more tears and it is one of those nerve wrecking days again. Oh dear, he will be missing out swimming class for a while and that really suck for him since he does enjoy that. Also, tomorrow they will have their class photo taken - hmmm. I guess we'll just do a close up photo if we can.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid! Good to know that the pain is gone now though. I like the Snoopy sling, by the way.

KC

Anonymous said...

Oh Nooo - Awwwwww Poor Joshua. Hope he's good to go next visit, and stays pain free
A

JW said...

Bummer! I hope he feels better.
He looks so sad :(

P & M said...

He is pretty upset about not being able to do much sports specially swimming. We'll find out Monday what else needs to be done but I guess he'll be in it for 2 weeks minimum.He was pretty concerned if other kids will laugh at him and kept asking me to take off the snoopy sling. So far, he was fine in school when I took him there this afternoon.

-M

JW said...

It will be over before he knows it :)