J was very excited to go to school. He is in the afternoon class which starts at noon, so needless to say the wait was too long for him all morning. We were 10 minutes early at the bus stop just because he is so anxious to ride and can't wait. I even skipped my lunch since I was excited as well. While he took the busy, I walked to the school so I can meet his teacher as well. P suggested that I should just let him take the bus and not drop by the school...to me that is just not even going to happen. Come on, he's my only child and of course I would drop him off to school specially on his first day! I wanted to meet his teacher and see how things go at least for the first few days. Anyway, all of the parents dropped the kids in school today and so there were only two of them in the bus and the other kids parent was there waiting with me.
After school, he was still excited and was all over the place during our walk home. He told me they went out and played a bit and was briefed about playground rules (which of course he claims he has forgotten already but is quite sure he'll remember once he goes to the playground). He also proudly showed me a workbook he did by himself when we got home. Well, I guess school is off to a great start!
Patiently waiting for the school bus...
6 comments:
Did he learn "Here comes the bus" chant?
It was a looong looong time ago, in a state far, far away, but I do remember my first day of kindergarden. The parents dropped us off on day one (and various kids were crying), but that was it. No one was there for day two. The apron strings were cut cleanly!
The other thing I remember about kindergarten was rushing back home so that I didn't miss "Underdog".
KC
How exciting - he makes me want to go back to school too!
A
I don't think he knows that chant. P needs to teach him, I definitely don't know that chant. I didn't even know what to do and expect when I took him to school. I was excited and nervous at the same time since I really wasn't familiar with the system. It is so much different where I came from with respect to schooling. Our parents stayed with us until we were on 3rd Grade, they drop us off, bring us lunch then pick us up everyday from 7AM-3PM. This is another new learning experience for me as well.
As far as watching, fortunately for us, we still have no TV :)
"Speed of Lightning,
Roar of Thunder!
Fighting those who Rob or Plunder!
Underdog.... Underdog, Underdog!"
That was my favorite too. My older brothers and sisters would hardly let me watch it and when they did, they would make fun of it calling him "Underwear" instead.
-P
PS Yes, I'm still scarred.
I liked Underdog too. Kevin's on my case now abo-ut being mean to you but I don't think I was (having been *perfect* in hindsight)
How's school lived up to expectations?
A
Post a Comment