Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome to America!

They're here. They arrived around 7:30AM today, it took us awhile to get home though since I didn't get to the airport til around 10AM. Pat and Papa took the car home while Ma and I took the train. So for Ma, she had the full experience of taking the "plane, train and automobile" in one day. She's never been on a plane or train before - so this all fun for her. They are all doing well so far just really tired. Pat is tired and has done a fantastic job assisting them. Mama seems to be in much better shape than Papa overall. Papa is not admitting it fully but I think he is having a bit of tough time shaking off his smoking habit. He has been smoke free since he left home and I can tell he is a bit having a tough time. We will do our best to help him get through it though - so wish us luck! I am hoping we can finally help him get rid of that bad habit. This is it for now. I have more in store but I am tired too - it has been a pretty long day 'er week for all of us...

Here's one photo upon their arrival....don't worry you know me, there's more later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY - A Thousand Welcomes!!!! They look great - who would know they just spend a whole day travelling!?! Enjoy some rest and visiting and sightseeing!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Welcome! We were thinking about you the past 24 hours and hoping the trip wouldn't be too difficult! Rest now and enjoy! Judy

JW said...

I am glad that everyone is here! I think they all need to get some rest. Hooray!

P & M said...

Thanks! They appreciate the warm welcome!

-M