Arctic Blast - It's what kept the kids home all week long :)
J didn't have school all week long and us being stuck indoors most of the time. My parents went out a bit to play in the snow on Monday but they didn't last too long out there. Shua and I played a bit, tried to make a snowman but the snow is not a good packing snow - it is either slushy, powdery or icy. Driving wasn't fun either. It is very slippery out there and since the State is not prepared for this kind of weather the side roads remain icy, snowy and messy to drive in. The only time I went out to drive is when I picked Pat from the Max train station from his trip to California on Tuesday. The drive wasn't too bad since the traffic was crawling at a 5mph speed but the side road was pretty slippery. As far as how we are keeping ourselves sane from being stuck at home all week long - we'll thanks to TV and Wii, we have something to keep Shua and my folks busy.
Last night, we took the risk and drove out to get some food and get a little present for Shua. He seemed concerned that there were no presents from Mom and Dad under the tree...which was true since we haven't really gone out to get it yet. Yikes!
I was hoping I can go out today but I don't see it happening without a car . P took the car to work. Hopefully, we can catch a break from the weather early next week to get our last minute Christmas shopping done. Apparently, we're expecting more snow, freezing rain and ice over the weekend so I think we'll be stuck at home again :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He was off for the snow? It only looks like a couple of inches.
Oh yes,school was canceled all week long - crazy I tell you what!
-M
m flight attendant friend was stuck in Seattle this week too
Hey our box SHOULD arrive hopefully by Saturday or Monday
The jars in white felt are for right away
A
ok, thanks for the heads up!
M
Post a Comment