Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Family visit 2007

We had such great time with Mom, John, Sue and the boys. Here's a recap of what has transpired over the last week.

Saturday, August 4
Sue and the boys arrived in mid afternoon. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard and let the boys play on the big slide.










Sunday, August 5
Mom arrived around noon. After lunch we did a post birthday celebration for Joshua and then spent the whole afternoon hanging out in the backyard. It was quite a chilly day and so most of the time the little ones stayed in the kiddie pool with us refilling it with warm water. Nick is the only one who didn't seem to be bothered by the cold dripping water from the slide.





















Monday, August 6
We took the kids to to McD for lunch and let them play there for a while. Later, we took the kids to the park in the afternoon. Sue took Nick and Anthony for berry picking just a few blocks from us while Mom and I took the little ones to the park so they can play. J was very excited to ride his bike to the park of course.

Tuesday, August 7
We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. They had a fun filled day there despite of Jake and Joshua being afraid of the mascot. Nick and Anthony came home with some nice prices. We also had a blast watching Planes, trains and automobiles that night...it was a fun movie.

Wednesday, August 8
We stayed home again then let the kids play on the trampoline next door. Our neighbors were gone and gave us the go ahead to borrow it while they were gone. Oh boy the kids loved jumping and making their own tricks on the trampoline.










August 9, Thursday
We took the kids to the Oregon Zoo. Joshua and I haven't been to the zoo for more than 2 yrs as well and so it was nice to go and check out what is new.We had a lot of fun looking at the exhibits they have, even Mom and Sue liked the zoo specially since it was not that hot there. We even had a good giggle at the bat exhibit when we found out how anatomically correct they are - according to Mom.













August 10, Friday
We again went next door and played on the trampoline. The kids too played on the slide for a while but since the weather wasn't that great they only lasted for an hour. John arrived from the east coast shortly before dinner. After dinner, we had smores for dessert - Tee Hee! I think based on the picture you'll know who enjoyed the treat the most!










August 11, Saturday
We all went to the Hillsboro Airshow, John R stayed home since he just recently been to one but Jon A joined the gang as well. We took two cars and drove to a parking lot close to the airport and watched the show for free for most of the afternoon. The boys loved the show specially the little ones. Joshua and Jake kept saying that when they grow up they want to be a pilot - ha ha! It was my first trip to the airshow as well and I enjoyed it a lot. It's so much more thrilling and exciting watching it live. This is when I use the word "amazing" in it's true form. After the show, we had a big dinner and treated John R a Razzleberry pie and Marionberry pie ice cream for his birthday. Yum, it was really good!






















August 12, Sunday
Sue and the boys went back to L.A. While Pat took them to the airport, Mom, John, Joshua and I went to mass. We all got to witness a baptism and that was pretty neat. In the evening, we joined with John R's brother and niece for dinner at Olive Garden. Then spent the evening catching up and reminiscing the past. We had some good laugh about some of P's very eventful stories of his teenage days...much of it were about his mischiefs back in the days.

August 13, Monday
Mom went with me to Joshua's swimming class and boy was he excited when he heard that Grandma was coming. That day, Mom and John were suppose to leave for WA but then in the end rescheduled their trip so they can pick up one of John's niece at the airport on Wednesday. We took it easy in the afternoon and did a Costco trip late in the afternoon.

August 14, Tuesday
Joshua and I took Mom to the Washington Park to check out the Japanese Garden and the Rose Test Garden. I have been at the Japanese Garden with Ate Ann before but not in the Rose garden. It was beautiful there with all of the nice works of art in the form of nature. On our way home we took the Skyline scenic drive and was lucky to see most of the cascade mountains thankfully we had a nice sunny and clear day. In the evening, Pat prepared a fabulous meal - yum it was good!













August 15, Wednesday
Today, John and Mom left for Washington already. It's a sad day since we really enjoyed having our family over. I look forward for next time and for now cherish the moments we've had...it was really a nice and terrific week!

5 comments:

JW said...

looks like fun, I wish I was there! Hey, you got a lot of pictures of Mom with her eyes open.

P & M said...

I think she has been practicing because she knows that I'm taking tons of pictures. She was a good sport though, I know most of the time that she didn't want her photos taken.

~M

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds like sucha fun week and relaxing! I loved that park and was wondering if you'd been back. MMM Berries!!!

Can I have a re-do on childhood to try the slide?
A

P & M said...

Hey come on over, P and I enjoys it as much as the kids. Sue tried it but I am not quite sure how she liked it.

-M

Anonymous said...

I'll have to diet 1st I would hate to pop it! haha. Next Summer 4 sure - and I can be half my size
A