Friday, August 24, 2007

Follow up

On Tuesday, we found out that J is allergic to the antibiotic, his lips started swelling within about 30 min after he took the medicine and so we rushed him to the emergency room. At the hospital, he was given some medicine again and was observed. At least the reaction was localized to his lips only and nothing more serious. It was pretty scary for us though. I was also worried we won't make it to the hospital since P was driving a bit frantically.

That night was quite stressful since we also had to pick up our neighbors from the airport. They were arriving from their visit in Oklahoma. Luckily for us, their flight was an hour late so we managed to find help and fortunately found someone to pick them up.

J is much better now, the swelling has gone down within 24hrs. He is back to normal and is now looking forward to Kindergarten in the next few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Bad way to find out. Glad that everyone is safe, sound and happy.

KC

Anonymous said...

WOW I am glad he's fine - that sounds very stressful and scary. Good Job Mom n Dad catchin it early!
A

P & M said...

Yeah nothing scarier than seeing your son turn into Jarjarbinks :0)

-M

P & M said...

Heh... For the record, I was not driving frantically... just fast. There was no tailgating, fast turning, nor running of lights or stop-signs. I simply drove "Detroit style" :)

-P