Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Halfway there?

Well, P left early morning yesterday for his trip to India. His first stop was LAX, he made it there on time but had some trouble in and around the airport getting to his flight for CVG. When he was checking in for the Cincinnati-Paris flight, he found out that it is delayed for about 2 hrs. It was pretty obvious that he would miss his flight to Paris at that point but was told that they will try to "make up time" in the air for that connection. In the end, they didn't make it for the Paris connection and so, he is still in the US either at the Holiday Inn or at the airport in Cincinnati as of now. His flight to Paris doesn't leave until around 7PM tonight. Then from Paris to Bangalore, India. I am sure he would have preferred being stuck in Paris for a day rather than in Cincinnati which is possible too since he's only got about an hour lay over to make it for his flight to India as well, so we'll see.

He was pretty exhausted when he got in to Cincinnati last night, he was dragged all over the place at the LAX airport...so LAX is not his favorite airport as of now. I hope his flight tonight goes better...

As for me and J, we're alright. I wasn't able to sleep well last night. I unfortunately had my evil thoughts turned on brought about by news watching...so I freaked myself out all night. I then, ended up spending the night planning and preparing for the "what if's". In the end, I had my big sturdy flash light, my purse and keys handy, slept in my sweater even if I was so hot and had shoes ready for both me and J. The thought was if a burglar come in, I'll just outrun them and drive off since the garage door is next to our bedroom...ah crazy thoughts! I am actually contemplating on taking some self defense classes soon as well as shooting lessons for self defense in the future...ha ha!

2 comments:

JW said...

You have to stop watching the news sweetie! You are in a safe neighborhood.

P & M said...

Yes,I skipped the news tonight...and Yes, I am insane...he he he

-M