Thursday, June 14, 2007
Floors and Walls
Whew, what a week. We finished laying down the bamboo floors over the weekend. We started on it Saturday morning and got done around Sunday afternoon. P did most of the hard work but I too helped in sorting, cutting and measuring the boards. He did the nailing and that was back breaking but it at least went smoothly in general. We still have to replace the baseboards but at least the floors are done and they do look nice.
This is the hallway by the front door.
The hallway along the rooms.
J's bedroom. The baseboards and the doors are still work in progress but if you enlarge the picture you'd see his masterpiece in the far left side. Look at how flush the heat vent is with the floor, took him 4 cuts to get the board in place but in the end it is a job greatly done!
The new paint on his walls. He wants an outerspace sort of theme in his bedroom. The blue stripe is called Planetarium, very deep dark blue color which believe it or not took me three days to finish. The stripe took me two days to accomplish. I did triple coats and I think it needs one more but I am too tired to add more coats to it. Soon, a spaceship, lots of glow in the dark stars and planets will fill the room or the space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How much you charge?
Materials, transportation and food :)
Post a Comment