Monday, May 21, 2007

Destination Oahu...

After several days of discussion and planning for how we will spend P's jobless days, we end up booking a vacation to Oahu. Believe me, I was pretty much in a state of shock over the weekend while doing the booking. It is a totally unplanned, uncalculated and unexpected trip...but I am not going to complain.

The choices were unlimited but we only have very limited "jobless" days to spare. First, we wanted to visit the "W's" in New York but then it coincides with vent camp, then considered staying in Arizona to check out the Grand Canyon and perhaps sneak a visit with the Pastoria's in California but that also didn't materialize...then out of nowhere P mentioned Hawaii. Okay, that is a shocker to me since P really is not into beach from what I know. He likes mountain adventure more than anything and so I thought he would suggest something more like - hiking and/or camping and I came prepared with suggestions for adventures catered towards that...but when he said Hawaii - wow it was difficult to ignore. I resisted initially but that didn't last long (2 days). Next thing I know I was online booking the tickets. Whew, this is one of the most impulsive decision we have done in a while but I think it will be worth it.

So, 10 more days to go and soon we'll be saying Aloha!

10 comments:

JW said...

Wow, have fun. I sure you will be treated better than you would have in NY!

P & M said...

Well, maybe if we pay you the same amount they're charging us we might get the same treatment there as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Grandma Always said when she died, heaven would be fine but she'd prefer Hawaii! She must be lurking in your dreams
A

Anonymous said...

You know, there is plenty of "mountain adventure" in Hawaii too! Maybe you are signed up for it and don't even know yet. Here you are thinking you are on a beach vacation, and suddenly you are slogging through the forest...I can see it now!

KC

P & M said...

Shhhhhhhhhh :)

-p

JW said...

In about 17 days, you will also being saying "aloha"

Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking too...there's beach AND there's mountain. Maybe you can split the difference! Just don't sign up for a bike ride down a mountain.

Anonymous said...

I heard the bike ride down the mountain was the best part

P & M said...

M doesn't know how to ride a bike... So, even if it was on flat land, I'm sure it would still be painful!

-P

P & M said...

Hey now, I do know how to ride a bike however I'm a wuss when it comes to going too fast or even at riding them on the roadside.