Friday, July 6, 2007

What a week

Our week has been jam packed with activities. Monday was the usual swimming and football classes but also I got invited to a DeMarle party in the evening. DeMarle is the maker of silpat for those who are familiar but basically it is something similar to Pampered chef kind of thing. I did end up buying something but I think at least it will be useful. Then Tuesday, we went berry picking again in the morning this time with my neighbors. J and I picked about 2 lbs of raspberries and 5 lbs of blueberries, a lot for us but nothing compared to my neighbor who came home with about 20lbs worth of berries - wow! Wednesday, we took J to a mini parade within the neighborhood. It was a fun little activity for him, he got to decorate his tricycle for the parade. It was only about a mile long parade, then at the park they have a couple of blowup slides, dunk tank games, ice creams, clowns and big bouncy blowup thing too. He particularly enjoyed the dunk tank ones. At about noon, we took our water slide out for the first time this year and had the girls and a friend come over. While they enjoyed that P prepared some ribs for our little barbecue get together at our neighbors house. By 6PM we all got together for some barbecue and badminton games. Around 9PM, we all piled in our neighbors truck and headed to the park to watch the fireworks. We stayed there til about 10:30PM, it was a very nice get together and we were all exhausted by the end of the day. Thursday, was not that eventful but loaded with chores and work for P. Today, my friend came over to make blueberry jam with me while the kids play on the water slide again. It's our first attempt in making jams, we made about 8 - 8 oz jars so I think we did ok. P had an early flight to Idaho this morning for work and will be back tonight. We will probably take it easy this weekend specially since he's got several travel plans for next week as well. It has been pretty hot here lately and so most likely he would rather stay inside the house, so far for me and J, we are liking the hot weather.


On a side note, I got really excited last night when J prayed the grace before meals on his own during bedtime. He normally just listens and appears to be not interested and so when he volunteered to say a prayer I was very surprised and of course pleased. Although, he said it during bedtime it was still a good surprise for me. I guess he does listen now and then even if meal time is not always his favorite.



No comments: